Saturday 13 June 2020

30 Days Wild June 2020 - Days Ten, Eleven and Twelve

For some reason my mind wandered and I'm a bit blank about what we did over the last three days as I haven't felt too well.  I know we walked on days ten and twelve.  We took the bat detector out sometime between ten and eleven on days ten and twelve. I think day eleven was wet and cold so I stayed inside and we didn't go for a walk..

A photo I took of a bee resting on the fence on day ten.  It kept moving itself and sort of flexing its body and wings.  I thought it may be struggling but eventually it flew off without a problem.

Yesterday, day twelve, we walked over the fields.  We heard the Whitethroats twittering in the bushes and saw lots of Swifts, we counted about ten of them swooping.  Saw a couple of Swallows amongst them too distinguished by their white and red markings underneath.  We also saw a couple of Kestrels hovering over the fields and also another hawk of some kind, a different kind of hovering to the Kestrel and it was bigger than the Kestrel too but not as big as a Buzzard.  Perhaps a Sparrow Hawk? 

No photos as I forgot to take a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment